Helping the body heal itself
Let us help with your heartburn and/or acid reflux!
Heartburn and acid reflux occur when digestive acid in the stomach escapes up into the esophagus, thus “burning” the throat. Symptoms may include:
• A burning sensation in the chest, right behind the breastbone, which occurs after eating and may last for several hours
• Chest pain, especially when bending over, lying down or eating
• Burning in the throat – or a hot, sour, acidic or salty tasting fluid in the back of the throat
• Difficulty swallowing
• Feeling of food sticking in the middle of the chest or throat
• Chronic cough or sore throat.
In many cases, chiropractic adjustments in the neck and/or mid-back regions restore function to the nerves that control the muscles of the stomach and esophagus. This prevents stomach acid from “leaking” into the esophagus. (Antacids and prescription medication are effective in neutralizing stomach acid, thus eliminating the “burning” symptoms; however this does not solve the cause of the problem and furthermore leads to poor food digestion.)